Friday, May 3, 2013

Mad Libs

Objectives:

  • Students will be able to demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
  • Students will be able to engage effectively in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on-one, in groups, and teacher-led) with diverse partners on grade 8 topics, texts, and issues, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clearly.

I Cans:

  • I can demonstrate proper usage of the eight parts of speech in writing and speaking.
  • I can participate in one-on-one discussions.
  • I can participate in group discussions.
  • I can participate in teacher-led discussions.
  • I can follow rules for discussions.
  • I can ask questions that connect the ideas of my group members.
  • I can respond to questions posed by my group members.

Task List:

  • We will complete a Mad Lib together as a class.
  • Students will work in partner groups to complete a set of Mad Libs. 
  • Each group will choose one Mad Lib to share with the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment